Prosthodontics is an area of focus in dentistry that aims to deal with the oral issues that are centered around missing teeth. At Current Dentistry, we are proud to offer comprehensive prosthodontics care alongside complete dental care. This means that you can receive treatment across the board all under one roof — and without having to transfer out to another professional for your care. When we can treat your whole family for whatever dental issues that arise, our familiarity with your needs, preferences, and medical history means that we can offer personalized care attuned to you.
Anyone who requires restorative care for whatever reason is often receiving prosthodontics care — quite possibly without even realizing it! That’s the advantage of having multiple facets of service all housed within the same dental practice. We can offer the full spectrum of services to our patients without having to refer you to other dental offices. You can expect comprehensive, high quality, and highly efficient care from us no matter what treatment you may need.
Whenever we are addressing restoration treatments for the health of your teeth and smile — and the quality of your life and comfort — those procedures fall under the realm of prosthodontics. This includes:
- Tooth reconstruction, such as crowns to protect vulnerable teeth following root canal treatments, or veneers to beautify and correct chipped or stained teeth.
- Bridges, which comprise one or more crowns connected to bridge gaps and utilize your healthy teeth as securing anchors.
- Dental implants consisting of an anchor in your jaw bone that will eventually fuse and secure a false tooth modeled to fit in seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- Dentures, including full removable sets, partial removable sets, and partial permanent sets that are attached to either dental implants or your natural teeth.
- TMJ disorder and a recommended course to address it, such as wearing dental appliances or undergoing physical therapy to correct the issue.
We may recommend prosthodontics treatments depending on your oral health plan and any issues that may arise along the way. But before we do anything, we’ll make sure you understand what is involved and what you will need to do to continue to ensure that your smile remains healthy. You are just as involved in your oral health as we are.